The Centre for Science and Environment is one of India’s leading public interest research institutions, known for its rigorous scientific policy research and advocacy on environmental issues. The Industry and Environment unit is looking for a Programme Manager to work for its Green Rating Project.
The candidates will need to prepare in-depth reports on: the environmental performance of various industrial sectors; major policy and regulatory issues based on industry study; and global best practices and technologies. The candidate will be required to undertake an aggressive advocacy campaign to push policy changes based on industry study conducted under the Green rating Project.
The job involves gaining a comprehensive understanding of industrial processes and technologies of industrial sectors. Candidates will have to survey industrial plants and various stakeholders including local community, regulators and media; gather and analyse very exhaustive data; and prepare technical reports on the industry performance.
The candidate will need to manage and mentor a team of researchers with varied levels of experience who will be involved in preliminary research and analysis. But the candidate will have the overall responsibility of rating industrial sectors and publishing policy papers.
• Passionate interest in the field of environment protection and governance.
• Good understanding of industrial processes, their resource use and environment impact.
• Strong numerical skills and interest in intensive quantitative analysis.
• Strong research and analytical skills and a good technical and report writing experience.
• The candidate should have good written and oral communication skills and be able to network with key players including media, regulators etc.
• The candidate should have good inter-personal and people management skills.
• Candidate must be willing to travel, network and report on issues.
• B.Tech/M.Tech (in Mechanical/Chemical/Civil/Environmental/Industrial Engineering etc. or other relevant fields) or Masters (in Environmental Sciences) with 7-10 years of work experience may apply.
• At least 3 to 5 years of experience working in a plant in one of heavy industrial sectors would be an advantage.
• Experience in manufacturing, energy or environment audit or in consulting where the candidate has been exposed to multiple industries will be desirable.
• Project management experience working with cross-functional teams will be an asset.
CSE pays a competitive salary that will be commensurate with qualification and experience.
Please mention the post that you are applying for in the subject line and email your application to email@example.com latest by July 10, 2014.
post your application to:
Ms. Jagdeep Gupta, Executive Director – Planning & Operations
Centre for Science and Environment
41, Tughlakabad Institutional Area, New Delhi-110062 Tel: +91 (011)-29955124, 29955125, 29956394 Fax: +91 (011) 29955879 E-mail:firstname.lastname@example.org
N.P: Only short listed candidates will be informed