Programme Officer for Sustainable Industrialization
The Centre for Science and Environment is India’s leading public interest research institution, known for its rigorous scientific policy research and advocacy on environmental issues. The Industry and Environment unit is looking for Programme Officer to work for its Sustainable Industrialization group.
Job Profile: The candidates will be involved in research and analysis on environmental issues related to industrial sectors. The job involves study of industrial processes, technologies and global best practices. Candidates will have to analyse data and prepare technical reports, research papers and articles. The work would involve interacting with companies, regulatory bodies and government institutions, inspection of industrial facilities and interviews of various stakeholders. The candidate will be required to publish policy papers on major environment issues based on the industry study and work on a vigorous advocacy programme which would include working with media, civil society and influencing various decision makers to push policy changes.
• Strong research and analytical skills and a good technical and report writing experience.
• The candidate should be able to network and have good oral communication skills
• Self-motivated and disciplined work ethic will be vitally important for the job.
• B.Tech/M.Tech (in Mechanical/Chemical/Civil/Environmental/Industrial Engineering etc. or other relevant fields) or Masters (in Environmental Sciences) with 3-5 years of experience may apply.
• Exposure to the industrial processes, technologies and environmental practices or to industrial policy field will be an added advantage. Candidate must be willing to travel, network and report on issues.
CSE pays a competitive salary that will be commensurate with qualification and experience.
Please mention the post that you are applying for in the subject line and email your application latest by May 22, 2014 to email@example.com
post your application to:
Ms. Jagdeep Gupta, Executive Director – Planning & Operations
Centre for Science and Environment
41, Tughlakabad Institutional Area, New Delhi-110062 Tel: +91 (011)-29955124, 29955125, 29956394 Fax: +91 (011) 29955879 E-mail:firstname.lastname@example.org
N.P: Only short listed candidates will be informed