Centre for Science and Environment (CSE), New Delhi is going to organise a hands-on three-day training programme aimed at giving practical exposure to participants on EIA with specific reference to wind power projects.
The objective of this programme is to enable stakeholders to understand the likely impacts of the project and allows them to make sound decisions during various stages of project development.
As of 2014, India has exploited only 21% of its total wind power potential. Majorly, the country’s total wind power potential is concentrated in the southern and western states- Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Maharashtra, Rajasthan and Gujarat. A major proportion of these potential sites are located in ecologically sensitive and forest areas. To harness the maximum potential of wind energy with reduced impacts it thus becomes very important to undergo for an EIA for wind power projects.
CSE's Three day training programme to be held in Ahmedabad on 3-5 September, 2014, aims to address the following points:
• Why EIA is important for wind power project?
• Environmental and social issues associated with the sector
• Applicable policy, guidelines and legal provisions for the wind power sector in India
• Comparison of EIA process in different countries for wind power projects
• Data collection
• Prediction, evaluation and assessment of impacts
• Importance of avian fauna assessment , technique and evaluation
• How to prepare an Environment Management Plan (EMP)
• Best practices associated with wind power sector
• Reviewing an EIA report for wind power project
CSE will bear the course fee of the workshop which would include the lectures, study material and lunch for three days.
Note: We are not making reimbursement for local travel and lodging
Opposite Gujarat College
Gujarat College Road, Ellis bridge
Ahmedabad, Gujarat - 380006
Open for: This workshop is open for participation for Industries, Regulatory Institutions (such as SPCB, state environment impact assessment authority, forest officers, IFS), NGOs, Consultants, Students and Academicians.