October 16, 2017
THE MINISTRY OF ENVIRONMENT AND FORESTS PROPOSES TO ISSUE THE COASTAL REGULATION ZONE NOTIFICATION 2010. THE FOLLOWING SHALL BE THE PROCEDURE AND TIME LINES THAT WILL BE FOLLOWED.
- A discussion paper titled “Coastal Regulation Zone (CRZ), 2010” is placed on the MoEF’s website which out lines the proposal and brings out the salient features including the new provisions that are proposed to be incorporated in the existing Coastal Regulation Zone notification 2010.
- The above discussion paper is linked to the proposed pre-draft Coastal Regulation Zone (CRZ) 2010.
- This discussion paper and the proposed pre-draft CRZ 2010 is available in the Ministry’s website (www.envfor.nic.in).
- Comments on the above discussion paper and the pre-draft CRZ 2010 are invited by 30th May, 2010. Hindi version of the above discussion paper and the pre draft CRZ 2010 and in other local languages namely, Gujarati, Marathi, Kannada, Malayalam, Telugu, Tamil, Oriya and Bengali will also be put on the Ministry’s website.
- After the receipt of the comments on the above discussion paper and the pre draft CRZ 2010 , the Ministry will finalize the draft CRZ Notification, 2010 and btain legal vetting from Ministry of Law.
- Thereafter the draft CRZ Notification, 2010 shall be issued under Environment (Protection) Act, 1986 inviting suggestions and objections from the people within sixty days from the date of issue of the draft notification. The draft CRZ Notification, 2010 shall be finalized taking into consideration the suggestions and objections received from the people.