Date: July 27 - 31, 2010
Every summer, there is a big hue and cry for drinking water in our cities. Rapid urbanization and industrialization is leading to over exploitation and pollution of water resources. It leads to scarcity of water. On the other hand our water demands are increasing day by day.
There is an urgent need to develop the capacity of NGOs, academicians, architects, engineers and environment managers so they understand the current water crisis and how to address water scarcity by rainwater harvesting. This would prevent further depletion of groundwater, ensure regular availability of water, minimize urban flooding and reduce load on municipal water supply. Centre for Science and Environment recognizes this need and has designed a hands-on 5 day training programme on “Urban Rainwater Harvesting”. After the programme, the participants shall have exposure and better understanding of:
1. Urban water challenges and importance of rainwater harvesting
2. Understanding basics of groundwater, hydrogeology and hydrometeorology
3. Basics and science of rainwaterharvesting
4. Tools and techniques of rainwater harvesting like recharge, storage, costing and payback analysis
5. Planning, designing, construction maintenance and monitoring of storage and groundwater recharge structures
6. Awareness generation and community mobilisation for rainwater harvesting
Tools: Class room lectures by experts, site visit to model rainwater harvesting projects, practical exercises and presentations by participants, reference materials and film screening.
Course Fees: Rs 8,800 for professionals (including builders, architects and engineers). 50% discount for academics, students and NGOs. Please note course fees doesn’t include travel and accommodation.
Course Duration: July 27-31, 2010
Course Venue: Centre for Science and Environment, 41 Tughlakabad Institutional Area, New Delhi
Last date for applying: July 19, 2010
Registration: Kindly email firstname.lastname@example.org
Selection will be done on first come first basis.
Send your query by mail or fax to:
Harshita Soni, Water Management Unit
Centre for Science and Environment
41, Tughlakabad Institutional Area, New Delhi – 110062
Ph: 91-11-29965124, 6394,6399
Fax: 91-11-29955879 Mobile: 097178 80332