March 30, 2018
The Centre for Science and Environment is one of India’s leading public interest research institutions, known for its rigorous scientific policy research and advocacy on environmental issues. CSE is looking for Deputy Programme Manager (DPM) to work in its Energy Group.
The candidate will work on a research and advocacy programme to get the new environmental norms for the thermal power sector implemented and promote effective environmental monitoring and compliance.
Location: The candidate would be located in CSE’s New Delhi office, and shall be responsible for the following:
- Design and lead the survey program in certain states to research the pollution levels and project installation plans of power plants to meet new norms through primary data collection and meetings with senior plant officials.
- Build and develop relationships with senior plant officials, regulators, industry experts and other stakeholders.
- Take responsibility for the team’s research output; guide junior team members in drafting of technical advice given to power plants
- Assist the Programme Manager in preparing an Action Plan for State Pollution control Boards to help them advise plants on pollution control technology installation and/or take penal action.
- Organize training programs to build capacity of state environment regulators, power company officials and other stakeholders to ensure robust monitoring and enforcement
- Assist the Director in making a national progress report on the power sector with recommendations to central policy makers to ensure implementation is on track.
- Assist in advocacy efforts to push implementation of the new standards through dissemination of survey result and CSE research. Advocacy would require public engagement including organising/participating in seminars and interacting with civil society, industry officials and regulators.
- Deep understanding of thermal power sector with an emphasis on pollution control.
- Vital that the candidate is self-motivated, conscientious and with an attitude to take ownership of the program. The candidate should have a keen interest in environment protection.
- Ability to manage a team of younger professionals and to work in independent work environment.
- Strong research and analytical skills – ability to quickly absorb wide-ranging material, analyse information and produce coherent conclusions.
- Excellent inter personal, networking and communication skills
- Strong writing skills and experience of technical writing
- Bachelors or a Masters degree in engineering or environment science
- Around 5 years of work experience in thermal power sector, heavy industrial sector and/or pollution control.
- Experience in energy and environment policy would be an advantage.
CSE pays a competitive salary that will be commensurate with qualification and experience.
To apply for the above position, please visit http://jobs.cseindia.org and choose ‘DPM-Energy’. Please submit your application latest by 30 April, 2018.
Please mention the post that you are applying for in the subject line and email your application latest by April 30, 2018.
Or post it to:
Ms. Jagdeep Gupta
Executive Director- Planning & Operations
Centre for Science and Environment
41, Tughlakabad Institutional Area,
New Delhi – 110062
NB: Only short listed candidates will be informed