The Centre for Science and Environment is one of India’s leading public interest research institutions, known for its rigorous scientific policy research and advocacy on environmental issues. CSE is looking for Programme Manager to work with the Environment Governance group on Continuous Emission Monitoring System (CEMS).
• Pollution monitoring of industrial emissions, effluent, ambient air and water quality
• Primary and secondary research on continuous emission and effluent monitoring and reporting, pollution control, regulations and best practices.
• Writing high quality reports/papers/company profiles.
• Field and industrial visits.
• Take responsibility for the team’s research output; guide junior team members
• Build and develop relationships with central and state government officials, CPCB, SPCBs, industries, service providers etc.
• Training and advocacy through meetings/workshops/conferences in India and overseas.
• Experience in pollution monitoring (air and water) in industries
• Experience in laboratory tests and analysis of air and water pollution
• Understanding of pollution monitoring and reporting systems (like CEMS, CEQMS, data acquisition system, calibration) in India and industrialised countries
• Understanding of environmental rules and regulations, industrial operations, compliance and new developments in the area of professional discipline
• Ability to manage a team of younger professionals and to work in independent work environment.
• Strong research and analytical skills – ability to quickly absorb wide-ranging material, analyse information and produce coherent conclusions.
• Excellent inter personal, networking and communication skills
• Strong writing skills and experience of technical writing
• Bachelors or a Masters degree in engineering, environment science or relevant field with more than 7 years of work experience in environmental research, industrial pollution monitoring, pollution control, laboratory analysis and reporting.
CSE pays a competitive salary that will be commensurate with qualification and experience.
Please submit your application latest by June 15, 2018. To apply for the above position, please visit http://jobs.cseindia.org and choose ‘Programme Manager for Environmental Pollution Monitoring’.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the interview.