Centre for Science and Environment (CSE) is a public interest research and advocacy organisation based in New Delhi. CSE researches into, lobbies for and communicates the urgency of development that is both sustainable and equitable.
CSE’s climate change programme deals with the mitigation and adaptation aspects of climate change.
The position involves research and advocacy in the following areas:
- Non-market approaches to International co-operation (Article 6.8 of the Paris Agreement).
- Enhancement of Nationally Determined Contributions in line with the goal of limiting warming to 1.5C.
- Best practices in building climate resilience in agriculture in the global South, with a focus on agro-meteorology and insurance.
Duties and responsibilities
- Primary and secondary research and analysis;
- Writing reports, papers, short pieces; occasional press releases and journalistic stories;
- Field visits;
- Close interaction with stakeholders - policy makers, farmers, civil society, media etc.;
- Advocacy through meetings/workshops/conferences in India and abroad;
- Other responsibilities as entrusted by supervisor/team head.
- Knowledge of recent developments in International climate policy particularly the Paris Agreement and the IPCC’s Report on 1.5C, and Indian climate policy framework - particularly the National and State Action Plans on Climate Change.
- Ability to read and summarize quantitative and qualitative information quickly and succinctly.
- Ability to make forceful and coherent written arguments advocating policy outcomes.
- Willingness to engage in proactive out-reach to policy-makers, experts.
- Preferred - Knowledge/experience of climate-resilience or development context in any African country.
Qualification and Experience
- Bachelors or a Masters degree in Environmental policy/Science/ Law/Economics or related field.
- Total work experience in climate change or environmental policy required: 3-5 years.
Candidates with lesser experience (1-2 years) will be considered for the position of Research Associate.
CSE pays a competitive salary that will be commensurate with qualification and experience.
To apply for the above position, please visit http://jobs.cseindia.org and choose ‘Programme Officer - Climate Change Programme’. Please submit your application latest by 30 June, 2019.
Or post it to:
Ms. Jagdeep Gupta
Executive Director- Planning & Operations
Centre for Science and Environment
41, Tughlakabad Institutional Area,
New Delhi – 110062
Tel: 011-29955124/5125; Fax: 29955879
NB: Only short listed candidates will be informed