November 19, 2018
The Centre for Science and Environment is one of India’s leading public interest research institutions, known for its rigorous scientific policy research and advocacy on environmental issues. CSE is looking for Senior Research Associate(SRA) to work in its Energy Group.
The candidate will work on a research and advocacy programme to get the revised environmental norms for the thermal power sector implemented and promote effective environmental monitoring and compliance.
Location: The candidate will be located in CSE’s New Delhi Head Office.
- The candidate will survey power plants, conduct emissions testing, and collect emissions data and information about plans to install / retrofit pollution control technology.
- Interact with senior plant managers, suppliers and regulators to get a comprehensive understanding of projectimplementation status. He/She will undertake literature review and collaborate with industry experts to analyse plans of individual plants, identify gaps and give technical guidance and corrective ideas to plants.
- Assist the Programme Manager in preparing an Action Plan for the State regulatory agencies to help them advise plants on pollution control technology installation and/or take penal action.
- Organize training programmes to build capacity of state level regulators to ensure robust monitoring and enforcement.
- Assist in advocacy efforts to push implementation of the new standards through dissemination of survey result and CSE research. Advocacy would require public engagement including organising/participating in seminars and interacting with civil society, industry officials and regulators.
- Vital that the candidate is hard working, has good work ethic and self-disciplined.
- Basic understanding of power sector.
- Must have environmental monitoring experience.
- Strong research and analytical skills – can quickly absorb wide-ranging material, analyse information and produce coherent conclusions.
- Good verbal communication and inter personal skills.
- Good writing skills and experience of technical writing.
- Bachelors or a Masters degree in engineering or environment science
- Around 3-5 years of work experience in thermal power sector, heavyindustrial sector or pollution control.
- Experience in energy and environment policy would be a plus.
CSE pays a competitive salary that will be commensurate with qualification and experience.
To apply for the above position, please visit http://jobs.cseindia.org and choose ‘SRA-Energy’. Please submit your application latest by 3rd December, 2018.
Or post it to:
Ms. Jagdeep Gupta
Executive Director- Planning & Operations
Centre for Science and Environment
41, Tughlakabad Institutional Area,
New Delhi – 110062
N.P: Only short listed candidates will be informed.