Centre for Science and Environment recognises Social Impact Assessment (SIA) as an important tool to inform decision makers, regulators and stakeholders about the possible social and economic impacts of a development project. To be effective, SIA requires the active involvement of all concerned stakeholders. CSE has developed a five-day residential training programme aimed at giving practical exposure to participants on SIA with specific reference to infrastructure, mining and other industrial projects.
The programme is designed based on the new Act, “The Right to Fair Compensation and Transparency in Land Acquisition, Rehabilitation and Resettlement Act, 2013”.
The objective of this programme is to build a cadre of trained professionals who can conduct and review SIA reports. The programme will also impart understanding of the issues and challenges in land acquisition, enhance skills in socio-economic surveys, consultations, data collection, planning land acquisition and rehabilitation and resettlement plan. The course would also discuss applicable central/state laws such as Panchayat (Extension to Scheduled Areas) Act (PESA), The Forest Rights Act, 2006, and the Companies Act, 2013 and their significance to the overall process of SIA.
WHAT PARTICIPANTS WILL LEARN?
1. Land conflicts, land classification, land rights and governance
2. How land conflicts delay development projects
3. Better understanding of SIA process as per the Land Acquisition Act, 2013.
• How to develop Terms of Reference (ToR)
• Preparation of land acquisition plan
• Tools and instruments for conducting SIA surveys
• Filling the Socio-Economic survey questionnaire, collation and interpretation of data
• Categorization of impact and determining its significance
4. Asset evaluation (movable and immovable property)
5. Estimation of compensation and R&R package
6. Development of entitlement framework, budgeting and grievance redress
7. Learning from case studies – management of Common Property Resources (CPR)
8. Learning from case studies – Relocation and rehabilitation of non-title holder
9. Structure of SIA report
10. Review of SIA report
COURSE DURATION: July 15 to July 19, 2019
Anil Agarwal Environment Training Institute (AAETI), Nimli, Alwar (Rajasthan)
LAST DATE FOR APPLYING: July 10, 2019
FOR DETAILS AND REGISTRATION CONTACT
WHO CAN APPLY
SIA practitioners, state revenue departments officials, district collectors, and sub-divisional magistrates, developers, academicians, students, NGOs and other officials
COURSE FEE: Rs. 33,000/- for single occupancy and Rs. 28,000/- for double occupancy (Includes Boarding and lodging, Transport from New Delhi to AAETI and back, Tuition fee and Training material)
Centre for Science and Environment,
41, Tughlakabad Institutional Area,
Ph: 91-11-2995 5124 / 6110 (Ext. 383);
Fax: 91-11-2995 5879
Mobile: +91 9818884832;