Centre for Science and Environment (CSE), a New Delhi based non-profit institution, is currently seeking a Deputy Programme Manager for its Clean Air Programme and Sustainable Mobility Programme to do high-quality policy and technical research on issues related to Vehicular Emission Control strategies particularly electric mobility initiatives.
CSE is one of India's leading public interest research institutes. It is known for its rigorous research and advocacy on environmental and sustainable development issues.
- Conduct research on vehicle emission control strategies and technology pathways, deployment strategy for electric vehicles and electric mobility (including public transport IPT etc). Analysis of economic, energy and pollution benefits from clean technology pathways and electric mobility.
- Capability to do quantitative and technical analysis for clean vehicle policy development. Familiarity with data analytic methods
- Write high quality research reports.
- Communication and dissemination of technical and policy-related issues with stakeholders and the public in general.
- Conduct orientation programmes.
- Postgraduates in Automotive Engineering/Transport Economics/ Engineering.
- Good writing skills, with the ability to convey issues analytically with clarity.
- Software proficiency – basic and other advanced software.
- Language proficiency - English and Hindi or other regional languages.
- Willingness to travel.
- Good networking skills.
- 8-10 years in institutions such as research organizations, automobile engineering industries and research and development, testing and certification non-profit, academia. Candidates with lesser experience (5-6 years) will be considered for the position of Programme Officer.
- If you have an eye for recognizing relevant information fast, enthusiastic about tracking latest developments, conduct research, believe in making impact, and most importantly have strong interest to work towards controlling air pollution from vehicles then you are the candidate we are looking for.
Application Deadline : September 26th, 2020
How to apply:
Candidates can send applications online (preferable) or by postal services, as convenient.
For online submission: Please visit http://jobs.cseindia.org and choose ‘DPM – Electric vehicles’.
Or Post it to:
Ms. Jagdeep Gupta,
Executive Director- Planning & Operations
Centre for Science and Environment
41, Tughlakabad Institutional Area,
New Delhi – 110062
Only short listed candidates will be informed. They will be called for an interview and written test.