Centre for Science and Environment (CSE), a New Delhi based non-profit institution, is currently seeking a Deputy Programme Manager for its Clean Air and Sustainable Mobility Programme to do high-quality policy and technical research on issues related to Electric Mobility initiatives.
CSE is one of India's leading public interest research institutes. It is known for its rigorous research and advocacy on environmental and sustainable development issues.
- Conduct research on vehicle electrification strategies and technology pathways, deployment strategy for electric vehicles and electric mobility (including public transport, IPT, trucks etc); analysis of economic, energy and pollution benefits from clean technology pathways.
- Capability to do quantitative and technical analysis for clean vehicle policy development. Familiarity with data analytical methods used on time series, cross sectional data.
- Familiarity with electric vehicle technologies – battery chemistry, charging rates, safety standards etc
- Produce high quality research reports.
- Communication and dissemination of technical and policy-related issues with stakeholders and the public in general.
- Conduct orientation programmes.
- Postgraduates in Chemical / Electrical / Automotive Engineering / Development Economics / Transport Planning / Sustainable Development
- Good writing skills, with the ability to convey issues with clarity.
- Software proficiency – basic and other advanced software.
- Language proficiency - English and Hindi or other regional languages.
- Willingness to travel.
- Good networking skills.
- Candidates having 6-7 years in institutions such as research organizations, automobile and engineering industries having component of electric vehicle, research and development, testing and certification. Candidates with lesser experience will be considered for junior positions.
- If you have an eye for recognizing relevant information fast, enthusiastic about tracking latest developments, conduct research, believe in making an impact, and most importantly have strong interest to work towards controlling air pollution from vehicles then you are the candidate we are looking for.
Application Deadline: September 30th, 2022.
How to apply:
Candidates can send applications online (preferable) or by postal services, as convenient.
For online submission: Please visit http://jobs.cseindia.org and choose ‘DPM – EV’.
Or Post it to:
Ms. Jagdeep Gupta,
Executive Director- Planning & Operations
Centre for Science and Environment
41, Tughlakabad Institutional Area,
New Delhi – 110062
Only short listed candidates will be informed. They will be called for an interview and written test.