No. of Positions : 02
Centre for Science and Environment (CSE), a New Delhi based non-profit institution, is currently seeking a Deputy Programme Manager and a Programme Officer for its Clean Air and Sustainable Mobility Programme to do high-quality policy and technical research on issues related to urban mobility and transportation challenges, vehicular emission control strategies, regulatory compliance, among others.
CSE is one of India's leading public interest research institutes. It is known for its rigorous research and advocacy on environmental and sustainable development issues.
- Carry out evidence-based research in the field of sustainable mobility – electrification of bus transport in India and other electric vehicle segments and implementing low emission zone (LEZ) in India etc.
- Provide technical support to partner states in terms of sharing technical knowledge, carry out technical assessment, coordination and handholding with the stakeholders etc.
- Design and organize capacity building programmes customized to the needs of regulators and different target stakeholder officials in the area of sustainable transportation and air quality management.
- Travel for research, meetings, trainings and associated activities as required by the programme
- Communication and dissemination of technical and policy-related issues with stakeholders and the public in general.
- Knowledge of conducting economic analysis and application of economic models to transport projects including public transport, non-motorised transport, to promote electric vehicles in India.
- Good writing skills, with the ability to convey issues analytically with clarity.
- Postgraduates in urban planning with specialization in transport economics/ transport planning/ transport engineering from a reputed institution.
- Software proficiency –advanced data analytics and visualization tools such as Power BI/ Tableau/ Python/ R or similar software and economic modelling.
- Knowledge of using spatial and graphical software like ArcGIS, AutoCAD or similar for the project.
- Language proficiency - English and Hindi or other regional languages.
- Willingness to travel.
- Candidates having a strong analytical background and domain experience of at least 5-6 years in the field of mobility and transport such as research organizations, non-profit and academia among other relevant organizations.
- Candidates with experience of 3-4 years will be considered for the position of Programme Officer.
Application Deadline: Dec. 10th, 2023.
How to apply :
Candidates can send applications online (preferable) or by postal services, as convenient.
For online submission: Please visit http://jobs.cseindia.org and choose ‘DPM – Mobility’.
Or Post it to:
Ms. Jagdeep Gupta
Executive Director- Planning & Operations
Centre for Science and Environment
41, Tughlakabad Institutional Area
New Delhi – 110062
PS - Only short listed candidates will be informed. They will be called for an interview and written test.