CSE Technical Support Units assisting the urban local bodies in UP organised the 7th City Sanitation Task Force (CSTF) meetings on 5 February, 2021 in Bijmor and Chunar. Matters related with launch of Malasur Campaign in a time bound manner to show it commitment towards effective FSM in ongoing Swacch Surveskshan 2021 including issuing licence to private desludgers , notification of FSSM bye-laws for operationalising desludging of septic tanks and implement model decentralised wastewater treatment project were discussed. The meetings were conducted virtually through zoom platform while few of the members attended it physically.
7th CSTF meeting in Bijnor
In Bijnor, the meeting was chaired by Mr Shamshad Ansari, Acting Chairperson and Mr Durgeshwar Tripathi, Executive Officer- Bijnor Nagar Palika Parishad. Mr. Durgeshwar Tripathi briefed about the shortfalls and achievements during the ongoing pandemic. Following points were discussed and agreed upon:
7th CSTF meeting in Chunar
In Chunar, the meeting was chaired by Mr Mansoor Ahmad, Chunar Nagar Palika Parishad, Mirzapur. Following points were discussed and agreed upon in the meeting.
1. Launch of MalAsur campaign: After the discussion on budget requirement for MalAsur campaign, it was decided to launch the campaign on 23th February and an execution plan was prepared for it.
2. Faecal sludge desludging arrangements for FSTP: Since 80% construction work of the FSTP is completed so a plan was discussed to ensure faecal sludge at the treatment plant as soon as the plant gets operational.
3. Swachh Survekshan 2021: A workplan was discussed with the officials of NPP Chunar to score better in Swachh Survekshan 2021. The points related with operation and maintenance of public toilets and community toilets, open defaecation etc.
4. Ensuring the discharge of faecal sludge at trenching site and ensuring it's proper operation and maintenance.
5. Use of PPE kits to sanitation workers under Safai Mitra challenge.
6. Inclusion of FSSM related points in Bye laws and it process of gazettification.