Environmental issues like climate change, water availability, pollution, waste generation and disposal are commanding considerable global attention. Industries, as a major user of raw materials and energy and source of pollution and waste generation, have a major role in addressing current and emerging environmental issues. Environment managers in industry have a challenging task to keep industry clean, competitive and compliant with national and international rules, Acts and treaties.
Centre for Science and Environment (CSE) had been conducting training programme to build capacity in industry for the past two decades and has trained hundreds of environment managers. This time a fourday training programme is scheduled in February, 2019 in New Delhi.
The takeaway from this training programme includes improved understanding for participants on:
1. Environmental Laws for better compliance;
2. Roles and responsibilities of environment managers to comply with such legal requirements and strengthening self regulation mechanism;
3. Processes and procedures to obtain environment and forest clearance, Consent to Establish (CTE), Consents to Operate (CTO), authorization for hazardous wastes and other clearances/licenses;
4. Implementation of Continuous Emission Monitoring System (CEMS);
5. Environment, Health and Safety (EHS) Management System and its implementation;
6. Protocol for conducting environmental audit for improving resource management;
7. Understanding sustainability reporting as per GRI G4 guidelines and
8. How to review Environmental and Social impact assessment report.
COURSE FEES: Rs 23,000/- per participant for Double occupancy accomodation Rs 30,000/- per participant for single occupancy accomodation (Fees includes training material, boarding and lodging, travel from New Delhi to AAETI and back)
COURSE DURATION: February 5-8, 2019
COURSEVENUE: Anil Agarwal Environmental Training Institute (AAETI), Nimli, Rajasthan
LAST DATE FOR APPLYING: January 25, 2019
OPEN FOR ALL Industry professionals such as Environment Managers; Production Managers; Health Safety and Environment Experts; Environment Auditors; Environment Consultants and Environment Engineers
FOR REGISTRATIONS: mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org
For online registrations please click here.
For further details contact:
Ishita Garg, Senior Research Associate
Centre for Science and Environment
41, Tughlakabad Institutional Area,
Ph: 91-11-2995 5124 / 6394 (Ext. 251)