Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) is an important tool to inform decision- makers, regulators and stakeholders, about the possible environmental, social and economic costs of the proposed project. To be effective, it requires the active involvement of all concerned stakeholders.
There is a genuine need to develop the capacity of the state-level regulators and state level expert appraisal Committee (SEAC) to screen and scope the EIA process, to conduct transparent public consultations and to evaluate the EIA reports, especially after the new EIA notification. At the same time, there is a need among CBO, NGOs, academicians, and environment managers to review and interpret EIA report, as they are technical in nature.
Centre for Science and Environment recognises this need and has developed a hands-on five-day training programme aimed at giving practical exposure to participants on EIA with specific reference to coal based power plant, cement, pharmaceutical, mining and others. After the programme, the participants shall have:
1. Exposure to all aspects of EIA, from its theory to the practical – such as better understanding regarding
2. Better understanding of the EIA process – from screening, scoping, data collection to impact assessment as well as the role of public consultation
3. Better understanding of the environmental and social impacts of the industrial and developmental projects
4. Better ability to review EIA reports and identify its strengths and weaknesses
5. Increased ability to play active role in post-EIA monitoring.
Date: April 22-26, 2013
Venue: CSE, 41, Tughlakabad Institutional Area, New Delhi -110062
Time: 10:00 AM to 5:30 PM daily
Course fee: Rs 9,900 (For industry, environment consultants and regulators) 25% discounts for NGOs, academicians and students
Last Date for Applying: April 15, 2013
For Registration kindly contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
NGOs, Regulatory Institutions (such as SPCB, state environment impact assessment authority, Environment Consultants, Students, decision makers and Industries
A certificate of participation will be awarded to all at the end of the programme.
Swati Singh Sambyal, Industry & Environment Unit
Industry & Environment Unit, Centre for Science and Environment
Tel: + 91-11-29955124/ 6110, Extension: 281, |
Fax: + 91-11-29955879 Mob. No.: +91 9910496283
Share this article