CSE-PSU had a virtual presentation and meeting with Dr Indramani Tripathi, Municipal Commissioner, Lucknow on 04th May 20. During this meeting Naveen Kumar from CSE-PSU office was present onsite while Rahul Mankotia from CSE, Delhi gave a presentation online on the COVID-19 support which include setup of COVID-19 Help Desk in the ULB office.
CSE team has briefed the Commissioner on the Alliance Meetings happened with Development Partners chaired by Director Local Bodies on 13th Feb, 20 and 27th April, 20. The thematic areas where CSE can support in response to COVID-19 (including areas pending CSR funding). In-principle, Municipal Commissioner agreed and requested for support from CSE as listed below:
- CSE PSU-DoUD COVID-19 Help Desk to be setup at Lucknow Nagar Nigam (LNN) Office. CSE-PSU team will visit on rotation basis.
- Help in capacity building for Sanitation workers, SHGs and other stakeholders for issues related to sanitation and COVID-19 issues.
- Support and updates related to advisories and guidelines issued from time to time including safe management of faecal sludge, biowaste and solid waste from quarantine homes.
- Provide ULB with IEC materials
- Update on issues related to BMP on COVID-19 response in other cities. Items like Foot operated hand washing system to be shared with LNN.
- PPE support pending CSR funding approval.
- Mr. Pankaj Bhusan (Env. Engg.) was nominated as the coordinating person for CSE-PSU support with LNN.
Share this article