Environmental issues like climate change, water availability, pollution, waste generation and disposal are commanding considerable global attention. Industries, as a major user of raw materials and energy and source of pollution and waste generation, have a major role in addressing current and emerging environmental issues. Environment managers in industry have a challenging task to keep industry clean, competitive and compliant with national and international Rules, Acts and Treaties.
Centre for Science and Environment (CSE) had been conducting training programme to build capacity in industry for the past two decades and has trained hundreds of environment managers. This year a five-day training programme is scheduled in August, 2016 in New Delhi.
The takeaway from this training programme includes improved understanding for participants in:
1. Identification of legal requirements under current Acts and Laws related to the environment;
2. Roles and responsibilities of environment managers to comply with such legal requirements and strengthening self regulation mechanism;
3. Processes and procedures to obtain environment and forest clearance, Consent to Establish (CTE), Consents to Operate (CTO), authorization for hazardous wastes and other clearances/licenses;
4. Compliance monitoring and performance monitoring of pollution control equipment and Continous Emission Monitoring System (CEMS)
5. Environment, Health and Safety (EHS) Management System and its implementation;
6. Use of Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) and Market Based Instruments (MBI) for pollution prevention and control;
7. Environment Impact Assessment (EIA), Cumulative Impact Assessment (CIA) and Social Impact assessment (SIA) and
8. Implementation of sustainability management system and sustainability reporting as per GRI G4 guidelines.
Course fees: Rs 20,000 only
Course duration: August 8-12, 2016
Timing: 09:30 am to 4:30 pm on all days
Centre for Science and Environment,
38, Tughlakabad Institutional Area, New Delhi – 110062
Last date for Applying
July 22, 2016
Industry professionals such as Environment Managers; Health Safety and Environment Experts; Environment Auditors; Environment Consultants and Environment Engineers
For details, contact
Nivit Kumar Yadav, Industry and Environment Unit
Centre for Science and Environment
41, Tughlakabad Institutional Area
near Batra Hospital, New Delhi – 110062