Centre for Science and Environment (CSE) New Delhi, is conducting a five days training programme on ‘Understanding Environmental Laws for better Compliance’ to be held between September 18-22, 2017.
India has a comprehensive system of regulations to protect its natural environment and the health of its people. From the enactment of Water Act in 1974, a number of laws and regulations have been put into force in this regard. However, the intended purposes of these laws are far from being fulfilled due to various reasons. One of the issues which sterns out is a holistic understanding of the different laws and how they should be looked into in a concerted manner for better environmental management.
The primary objective of the programme is to develop a better understanding and knowledge of the laws and their interrelationship.
Laws related to environmental preservation, pollution abatement, forest clearance, coastal zone regulation, and international treaties will be discussed during the programme.
On completion of the training, the participants will have:
1. Better understanding of environmental governance structure of the country, major institution, and their implementation statistics.
2. Increased understanding of the obligations of industry and individuals under various environmental laws and regulations and how to meet these obligations.
3. Participation of concerned internal and external stakeholders in the compliance process.
4. Understanding the impacts of violations and noncompliance.
5. Role of National Green Tribunal (NGT), environmental courts and public interest litigation (PIL).
6. Understanding of international treaties and agreements Government of India subscribes to the impact of non-compliance with such agreements on business.
7. A clear understanding that environmental compliance is not a financial burden but a clear business opportunity.
Training methodology: Lectures, case studies, class exercises, discussions and role play
COURSE FEES: Rs 18,000
Note: Accommodation can be arranged nearby the training centre; it would incur extra charges
COURSE DURATION: September 18-22, 2017
COURSE VENUE: Centre for Science and Environment,
41 Tughlakabad Institutional Area,
New Delhi - 110062
LAST DATE FOR APPLYING: September 10th, 2017
OPEN FOR ALL: Industry professionals; Environment Regulators and Experts; Environment Auditors; Environment Consultants; Environment Engineers and Academicians
For Registration: Email at: email@example.com
Senior Research Associate
Mobile - + 9650737735
Phone - +91-11-2995 5124
Fax: 91-11-2995 5879
Share this article