March 15, 2018
The Centre for Science and Environment, an established non-profit institution known for its rigorous and scientific policy research and advocacy on environmental issues is looking for a Manager for its Resource Mobilisation and Grants Management team.
The position Manager - Resource Mobilisation and Grants Management is a mid-senior level position at CSE to help coordinate the organization’s efforts to mobilize institutional and programme funds to help meet CSE’s programmegoals and institutional priorities. This involves building partnerships, support and strategic engagement with grant giving foundations/institutions, private foundations, government agencies and HNIs, select corporates and retail fund raising.The role encompasses fund raising as well as grants/partnership management.
The incumbent will be part of a small team but work in close coordination with various CSE programme units, and with the senior management. The position is based at the CSE office in Delhi NCR.
- Generate leads, conduct opening conversations with potential donors and develop outreach and partnering strategies with each
- Coordinate donor meetings, develop and follow up on leads from the programme heads and senior management; Represent CSE in events, forums and meetings
- Build brand visibility of CSE and its programmes
- Put together concept memos, project proposals and ensure their timely submission to potential donors
- Compile and maintain a database of international and local donor organizations
- Maintain relationships with existing donors and respond to their requests regularly and keep them updated about the work and results of the organization
- Support team members on grant management, including preparing donor progress reports, etc.
- Develop and execute an outreach plan and communication products to develop presence and strengthen donor relationships (create brochures, presentations, social media outreach strategy) and sensitise potential partners about CSE’s work
- Help strengthen the fundraising team, systems, policies and processes as needed to support the fundraising plan and donor management
- Identify best practices and implement the same in CSE’s resource mobilization strategy
- Plan and manage the fund raising resources and budget
- Any other task assigned by the Programme Director
Education /Qualification/ Competencies
- Post Graduate qualifications in Communication / Management / Marketing / Development Studies / Social Sciences or related field
- Minimum 7 years of professional experience, preferably directly in fundraising/ resource mobilization or business development
- Proven track record of fund raising, with astrong understanding of the latest fund raising trends in the country – CSR, HNIs, private foundations, retail fundraising strategy
- Creative and strategic thinker, with project management skills and the ability to meticulously operationalise fund raising plans
- Capable of representing and presenting organisation capabilities to external stakeholders
- Strong communications skills including presentation, proposal writing, preferably with the understanding of results-based frameworks
- Exposure to the nonprofit or development sector particularly on environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
- The minimum qualification and/or experience requirements may be relaxed in the case of candidates with outstanding credentials.
Salary (CTC) will be commensurate with background and experience.
To apply for the above position, please visit http://jobs.cseindia.org and choose ‘Manager-Resource Mobilisation and Grants Management’. Please submit your application latest by 31st March, 2018.
Or post it to:
Ms. Jagdeep Gupta, Executive Director- Planning & Operations
Centre for Science and Environment
41, Tughlakabad Institutional Area,
New Delhi – 110062
Tel: 29956394/6339/5124 Fax: 29955879
NP: Only short listed candidates will be informed