By: Maina Waruru
- I have been exposed and covering weather related events since 2012.
- My entry and main point of point of interaction came and has been through water/hydrology issues.
- A Workshop on Water, Climate, Food and Energy in Nairobi in 2014 aroused my interest.
- Made contact my very initial contacts with some experts from this workshop and this was followed by an invitation to a similar, regional event on the Hydrological Cycle at Kenya Met department in 2015.
- In both events I was the only journalist among experts in different water-related fields, so I was forced to make friends with the experts, participate in their group activities, exposing me further to water/weather issues.