Centre for Science and Environment (CSE), a New Delhi based non-profit institution, is currently seeking a Programme Officer for its Sustainable Mobility Programme to do high-quality policy and technical research on issues related to urban mobility and transportation challenges, vehicular emission control strategies, regulatory compliance, among others.
CSE is one of India's leading public interest research institutes. It is known for its rigorous research and advocacy on environmental and sustainable development issues.
- Conduct research on urban mobility and transportation challenges, vehicular emission control strategies, electric mobility
- Capability to do technical analysis which includes quantitative data analysis – SPSS/R, spatial analysis with the help of GIS or other mapping tools etc.
- Write high quality policy and research reports.
- Communication and dissemination of technical and policy-related issues with stakeholders and the public in general.
- Conduct trainings / capacity building programmes.
- Postgraduates in urban planning with specialization in transportation / mobility sector or transport engineering with relevant experience.
- Good writing skills, with the ability to convey issues analytically with clarity.
- Software proficiency –advanced data analytical software like SPSS/ R, spatial data analysis- GIS, python etc.
- Language proficiency - English and Hindi or other regional languages.
- Willingness to travel.
- Good networking skills.
- Candidates with minimum experience of 4-5 years in institutions such as research organizations, non-profit and academia among other relevant organizations.
- Candidates with lesser experience will be considered for the position of Sr. Research Associate.
- If you have an eye for recognizing relevant information fast, enthusiastic about tracking latest developments, conduct research, believe in making impact, and most importantly have strong interest to work towards controlling air pollution from vehicles then you are the candidate we are looking for.
Application Deadline: Sept. 3rd, 2021.
How to apply :
Candidates can send applications online (preferable) or by postal services, as convenient.
For online submission: Please visit http://jobs.cseindia.org and choose ‘PO – Clean Air’.
Or Post it to:
Ms. Jagdeep Gupta,
Executive Director- Planning & Operations
Centre for Science and Environment
41, Tughlakabad Institutional Area,
New Delhi – 110062Tel: 29956394/6339/5124,
Only short listed candidates will be informed. They will be called for an interview and written test.