Centre for Science and Environment (CSE), a New Delhi based non-profit institution, is currently seeking a Research Associate for its Clean Air Programme (APC) Programme to do high-quality policy and technical research on issues related to Vehicular Emission Control strategies.
CSE is one of India's leading public interest research institutes. It is known for its rigorous research and advocacy on environmental and sustainable development issues.
- Conduct research on vehicle emission control strategies, regulations/ norms, fuel efficiency regulations and compliance, emission monitoring systems and their applications – for new and on-road vehicles such as remote sensing, alternative fuelled vehicles, electric vehicle technologies and certification and compliance regulations with a goal to improve vehicle technology for better efficiency and lower emissions.
- Conduct audits on compliance to regulations.
- Training/capacity building of technical inspectors, agencies in states and cities.
- Write high quality research reports.
- Postgraduates in engineering and sciences.
- Good writing skills, with the ability to convey issues analytically with clarity.
- Software proficiency – basic and other advanced software.
- Language proficiency - English and Hindi or other regional languages.
- Willingness to travel.
- Good networking skills.
- 3-5 years in institutions such as research organizations, automobile engineering industries and research and development, non-profit, academia
- If you have an eye for recognizing relevant information fast, enthusiastic about tracking latest developments, conduct research, believe in making impact, and most importantly have strong interest to work towards controlling air pollution from vehicles then you are the candidate we are looking for.
Application Deadline: September 16th, 2019.
How to apply:
Candidates can send applications online (preferable) or by postal services, as convenient.
For online submission: Please visit http://jobs.cseindia.org and choose ‘PO – APC’.
Or Post it to:
Ms. Jagdeep Gupta,
Executive Director- Planning & Operations
Centre for Science and Environment
41, Tughlakabad Institutional Area,
New Delhi – 110062
Tel: 29956394/6339/5124, Fax: 29955879
Only short listed candidates will be informed. They will be called for an interview and written test.