Centre for Science and Environment (CSE) is a public interest research and advocacy organisation based in New Delhi. CSE researches into, advocates for and communicates the urgency of development that is both sustainable and equitable.
CSE’s climate change programme deals with the mitigation and adaptation aspects of climate change.
The position involves research and advocacy in the following areas:
- New market approaches to international co-operation (Article 6 of the Paris Agreement).
- Enhancement of Nationally Determined Contributions in line with the goal of limiting warming to 1.5 C.
Duties and responsibilities
- Primary and secondary research and analysis;
- Writing reports, papers, short pieces; occasional press releases and journalistic pieces;
- Field visits;
- Close interaction with stakeholders - policy makers, farmers, civil society, media etc.;
- Advocacy through meetings/workshops/conferences in India and abroad;
- Other responsibilities as entrusted by supervisor/team head.
- Knowledge of recent developments in International climate policy particularly the Paris Agreement, the IPCC’s Special Report on 1.5C, and the outcomes of COP25 (Katowice) and COP26 (Madrid).
- Ability to read and summarize quantitative and qualitative information quickly and succinctly.
- Willingness to engage in proactive out-reach to policy-makers, experts.
- Strongly preferred – Familiarity with data analysis software. Please indicate training and years of experience with the software in CV, and attach any written work based on data analysis with your application.
Qualification and Experience
- Masters degree in Environmental Science/Economics/Policy or related field.
- Total work experience in climate change or environmental policy required: 4-5 years. Final designation will be based on experience.
CSE pays a competitive salary that will be commensurate with qualification and experience.
To apply for the above position, please visit http://jobs.cseindia.org and choose ‘DPM - Climate Change’. Please submit your application latest by 15th April, 2020.
Or post it to:
Ms. Jagdeep Gupta
Executive Director- Planning & Operations
Centre for Science and Environment
41, Tughlakabad Institutional Area,
New Delhi – 110062
Tel: 011-29955124/5125; Fax: 29955879
NB: Only short-listed candidates will be informed.