June 13, 2018
- Short Title and Commencement. -(1) These regulations may be called the Food Safety and Standards (Labelling and Display) Regulations, 2018.
(2) These regulations prescribe the labelling requirements of pre-packaged foods and display of essential information on premises where food is manufactured, processed, served and stored.
2. Definitions. -(1) In these regulations unless the context otherwise requires: -
1. “act” means the Food Safety and Standards Act, 2006 (Act 34 of 2006).
2. “assorted pack” means any retail pack which contains multiple units of different pre-packaged commodities provided that it complies with the
general labelling requirement specified in regulation 4.1(8). 3. “best before date” means the date which signifies the end of the period under any stated storage conditions during which the product shall remain fully marketable and shall retain any specific qualities for which tacit or express claims have been made. Beyond that date, the food may still be perfectly safe to consume, however, its quality may have diminished.
Read more (PDF)