First phase of action has stabilised and avoided pollution. But city’s air is still polluted...
On vehicle technology and fuel quality
- Enforced Euro II emissions standards in 2000, five years ahead of schedule, Euro III in 2005, Euro IV in 2010.
- Mandated pre-mix petrol to two- and three-wheelers.
On alternative fuels
- Implemented largest ever CNG programme Largest ever public transport bus and threewheeler fleet on natural gas.
Other measures related to vehicles
- Capped the number of three-wheelers Phased out 15 year old commercial vehicles Strengthened vehicle inspection programme (PUC).
- Efforts made to bypass transit traffic.