The Centre for Science and Environment is one of India’s leading public interest research institutions, known for its rigorous scientific policy research and advocacy on environmental issues. CSE is looking for a Programme Officer to work for its Resource efficiency programme.
The candidate will work on a range of projects in the field of resource efficiency:
• The programme officer will work on the ongoing global project on thermal power sector. This project team is working on several policy issues and developing a global advocacy program, which will push for policies that would cut pollution and improve resource efficiency of the power sector across several emerging markets.
• The candidate will work in the research and advocacy program to improve the regulatory compliance of a range of industrial sectors in India. This project focuses on better monitoring, effective enforcementand skill building workshops for environment regulators and plant managers.
• He/she will also work on the resource efficiency project incorporating ideas of circular economy, reuse and recycling. The project aims to develop a plan to put India’s growing resource use onto a sustainable path.
The candidate would be responsible for the finalresearch output for the assigned projects,including writing policy papers. He/she would assist in the advocacy campaign which would include interacting with various stakeholders- policy makers, regulators, NGOs, international aid agencies and industry – to push for change. Networking, writing for media, participation in seminars/conferences etc. is expected.
The advocacy work will involve work in India and a few countries in Asia and Africa. Some international travel would be required.
Candidate must be willing to travel extensively and work under challenging deadlines.
• Strong research ability – ability to absorb wide-ranging material and organise ideas; excellent writing skills or some experience of technical/policy writing
• Strong analytical skills - candidates should have a facility with numbers and aptitude to analyse data.
• Good verbal communication skills
• Hard working, disciplined work ethic and conscientious.
• Good inter personal skills are desirable
• Bachelors or a Masters degree in policy, economics, engineering or environment science
• Around 5-7 years of work experience in the fields of environment policy, pollution control and resource efficiency.
• Experience in the field of thermal power sector and energy policy and knowledge of issues surrounding coal-based power would be useful.
• Background in core industrial sectors, especially in pollution control and resource use would also be helpful.
CSE pays a competitive salary that will be commensurate with qualification and experience.
Please mention P.O-Resource Efficiency in the subject line and email your application latest by June 30, 2015 to firstname.lastname@example.org
post your application to:
Ms. Jagdeep Gupta, Executive Director – Planning & Operations
Centre for Science and Environment
41, Tughlakabad Institutional Area, New Delhi-110062
Tel: +91 (011)-29955124, 29955125, 29956394
Fax: +91 (011) 29955879
N.P: Only short listed candidates will be informed