The Center for Science and Environment (CSE) is conducting a five-day training programme aimed at giving practical exposure to participants on Environmental Management and Compliance in Mines for mining and mineral industry from 25–29 June 2018
The minerals sector is a key driver of the country’s industrial growth. However, it has brought in its wake severe environmental repercussions and social conflicts. One of the greatest challenges, therefore, is how to make mining environmentally and socially acceptable.
There is a genuine need to develop the capacity of those involved in the mining industry, including environmental consultants, mining professionals, project proponents, compliance authorities, academics and NGOs to understand the issues, and identify and implement solutions for the overall interest of communities and the nation.
Take away from the programme
1. Legislative framework-Acts and policy for mine management and compliance.
2. Advancement in mining technology and how technology is used for environmental management.
3. Overview of mining operations, issues, impacts and challenges
4. Air quality management in mines.
5. Water Management in mines (ground and surface water including mine’s seepage water management).
6. Waste management.
7. Mine closure plans-International and National best practices.
8. Star rating, key performance indicators for mines rating.
9. Mine inspection, audit and its reporting.
10. Mine safety management and its compliance reporting
11. Key performance indicators to assess environmental and social sustainability reporting.
12. Preparation of an environmental management plan (EMP), including budget estimates.
13. Benefit sharing practices like District Mineral Foundation (DMF), Corporate Social responsibility (CSR),etc.
COURSE FEES: Rs 30,000/- (Includes Tuition fee, External expert lectures and sessions, Boarding and lodging, Transport from New Delhi to AAETI and back, Training material)
DATE: June 25 - 29, 2018
TIMING: 10.00 am to 5.30 pm
COURSE VENUE: Anil Agarwal Environment Training Institute (AAETI), Nimli, Alwar (Rajasthan)
LAST DATE FOR APPLYING: June 18, 2018
OPEN FOR ALL
Mine managers, environmental managers , environmental consultants, mining consultants ,SPCB(s) ,IBM officials , academicians ,students and NGO’s
For details contact:
Arjunvir Kol Chak, Research Associate,
Industry & Environment Unit
Centre for Science and Environment
41, Tughlakabad Institutional Area, New Delhi-110062
Email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mobile: +919140693585 / +919899676027 / +919650737735 / +919999160725
Phone: +91-11-2995 5124/ 6110 (Ext. 383) • Fax: +91-11-2995 5879