Duration of Internship: 25thJune to 24thSeptember, 2018 (Three months)
Background of project -
Nearly 61% of the global population (4.5 billion people) lack safely managed sanitation services (use of a toilet or latrine that leads to treatment or safe disposal of excreta). It is now well recognized that not only access to safe sanitation is key for public health, but also access to safe emptying and transportation services for onsite sanitation (OSS) technologies.
SFDs are a new and innovative way to engage sanitation experts, political leaders and civil society in coordinated discussions about excreta management in their city. It is a visualization tool that summarizes complex information into an easy-to-understand graphic, as it simply shows how excreta is or is not contained along the sanitation chain.
CSE as a part of consortium, consisting of GIZ, World Bank, WEDC, University of Leeds and EAWAG has developed 27 SFDs for cities from different parts of the country. CSE has extensively and fruitfully used these SFD reports for advocacy. Now CSE is looking to extensively work in Uttar Pradesh to understand the excreta management of 63 selected cities.
The interns are expected to develop SFDs for at least nine cities in a group of two. Development of SFDs would require extensive travel, data collection and analysis. A certificate course on the preparation of SFD’ would be conducted in Delhi for all recruited interns.
Water Programme of CSE is seeking 14-15 motivated personnel, fulfilling the following criteria:
• Enrolled in/Completed a Master’s/Bachelor's Programme in environmental management, engineering, planning or any other course related to sanitation.
• Basic knowledge of sanitation and wastewater/faecal sludge management.
• The job involves extensive field work; hence candidate should be willing to travel.
• Exceptional communication skills as candidate needs to take personal interviews of various stakeholders
• Good knowledge (reading, speaking and writing) of English and Hindi.
• Candidates based in Uttar Pradesh would be preferre
The stipend will be paid according to CSE policies.
Ms. Priyanka Dutta
Applications should include a cover letter and CV with details of two professional references. All applicants enrolled in any institute should get their applications duly forwarded through Head of the Department/ Institution.
Deadline for submission of application: 15.06.2018.
Share this article