Guiding principles to adopt integrated waste management
• No littering.
• Minimize generation of waste.
• Reduce, Reuse and Recycle
• Practice segregation
• Storage of segregated waste in different bins/bags.
• Handover segregated waste to authorized waste collectors, recyclers and waste collection agencies. • Process biodegradable waste by adoption of composting and other decentralised technologies wherever applicable.
• Pay monthly user fees to local bodies or any other persons authorized by the local body for sustainability of solid waste management.
• Fines and penalties for littering and non-compliance.