This event is completed
ABOUT THE TRAINING
The online training is a part of series of activities envisaged under 3-year duration CSE programme – ‘Capacity building initiative focusing on ‘Making Ganga basin cities water sensitive’ supported by National Mission Clean Ganga (NMCG), Ministry of Jal Shakti, Government of India. The training will focus on urban water-bodies covering various aspects on the role of urban water bodies in the urban hydrology, potential in making watersensitive cities and issues and challenges in management of urban water bodies.
Capacity building of State/Municipal functionaries and other sector players on issues, challenges and potential of urban water bodies management and mainstreaming water sensitive urban design and planning.
- Central / State / Municipal functionaries (decision makers / managers and regulators)
- Engineers (Civil / Mech./ Envn.) or Planners working with Water Supply and Sewerage Boards / Jal Nigam or Jal Sansthan etc.
- Any other functionaries dealing with: AMRUT, Smart Cities Mission, Jal Jeevan Mission (Urban), Swachh Bharat Mission (U), Atal Bhujal Mission, Namami Gange.
- Accredited EIA, architecture and urban planning consultants
- Researchers and academics interested in curriculum development in planning, architecture and civil engineering
- Related sector professionals dealing with water, sanitation, flood, river, wetland or environment related matters in the city and its urbanizable areas
- Overview of existing issues and challenges in the waterbodies (and its catchment) management in urban areas.
- WSUDP - approach and its potential in urban water bodies management.
- Baseline survey and data collection – Step by step preparing for urban waterbodies management
- Understand enabling institutional frameworks and regulations applicable for mainstreaming WSUDP and urban water bodies management
- Best Management Practices (BMPs) and case studies of successfully implemented projects and socio-economic effectiveness.
Depinder Singh Kapur
Water Programme, CSE
Senior Research Associate
Phone: +91-11-40616000 (Ext: 244)